Dr. Steve Wexler takes care of all kinds of eye problems from the 6 month old to the never-retired 87 year old. Please read through our services.
- Annual routine examinations
- Driving License assessments
- Senior eye care
- Contact lenses
- Computer strain
- Medical eye care
- 2nd opinion cases
- Urgent care
PEDIATRIC EYE CARE
- Children's eye care as young as age 6 months. The exam for a three year old is quite comprehensive. Evaluation of vision quality, prescription, tracking abilities,muscle and focusing function as well as evaluation for disease is assessed. Lazy eye (Amblyopia) and wandering eye (Strabismus) is also carefully evaluated. Written reports are completed for parents and/or teacher upon request.
- The recommended examination schedule for children is their first exam at 6 months -1 year, then at age 3, then at age 5. After that, every 1-2 years as per the doctors recommendation. Click Children Exams.
MEDICAL EYE SERVICES
- Severe Dry Eye treatment and management through medications, neutraceuticals, tear duct comfort plugs, and lifestyle adjustments
- Infection treatment and management such as viral pink eye and bacterial infections
- Diabetic Retinopathy evaluations and other eye complications from diabetes are assessed and monitored
- Cataract evaluation and management
- Glaucoma evaluations and treatment. Evaluation for the risk of possibly acquiring glaucoma is now tested in our office
- Digital Retinal photography for diagnosing and creating a permanent record or "stamp" of your retina for future comparison
- Pachymetry testing for purposes of analyzing corneal thickness as it relates to eye pressure and risk for glaucoma
- Eye allergy treatment and long term control. New and easier to use prescription eye drops can be prescribed to have the most benefit for treating allergy of the eye. Also, evaluation of other conditions that may mimic or cause similar symptoms as allergies are evaluated and treated at the same time.
- Foreign body removal. Many environmental particles can be safely removed from the eyes soon after an accident has taken place.Objects such as metal, wood, glass, or unknown particles can be gently removed without any discomfort. Liquids such as battery acid or bleach are toxic to the eye. Full treatment and monitoring is essential for complete resolution.
- Pterygium (Carnosidad-Spanish) treatment of symptoms. Symptoms such as a feeling of irritation or burning are common. The eye can become quite inflamed and red. There are simple and effective eye drops that can be prescribed to help alleviate and comfort the eye. In many cases, Pterygia require surgical removal as they may damage the cornea and cause vision loss.
SPECIAL NEEDS, EVALUATION AND TREATMENT
- Children's Vision disorders and treatment- Lazy eye (amblyopia) can often be treated with eyeglasses and specific in-home eye exercises. Other functional vision disorders are searched for during eye exams such as focusing and muscle imbalance problems.
- Multihandicapped or disabled (cognitive, behavioral, or physical) persons eye exams
- Adaptable glasses prescriptions for patients who can't get used to glasses
- Spanish-only speaking patients
- Hearing Impaired patients and those who are trained in ASL (American Sign Language)
- Challenging fits for patients with a lot of astigmatism, or distorted vision
- Keratoconus (Keratocono-Spanish) fittings
- Latest technologies in hassle-free, breathable, dryness resistant, and comfort-max contacts
- Breathable colored contacts to enhance or change your brown eyes to hazel, green, blue, or just about any color you love
- We use corneal topography for analyzing the front surface of the cornea for special contact lens fits and assessing certain types of cornea conditions
- New generation Silicone Hydrogel soft contacts to help increase comfort and keep eyes healthier
- Highly oxygen permeable (gas permeable) contacts to improve sharpness of vision and help stabilize nearsightedness
- State-of-the art multi-focusing soft contacts to sharpen up close, arms length, and distance vision in those over age 40